Monday 15 March 2010

EOTD: Maquillage Eyes Creator PK766 Look 2

Here's the second look that I did with Maquillage Eyes Creator PK766. Instead of using the white cream base in the palette, I used T'estimo Bright Up Eye Base (my usual eye primer) to prime my lids before applying the powder eyeshadows to see if there was any difference.

I used the pearl white shade (this actually has a slight pink glow) over the browbone area, followed by the light gold shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid and along the lower lash line, and the peach shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners. I finished with the dark brown cream liner along the upper lashline and K-Palette Real Lasting Volume Mascara.

I preferred the T'estimo Bright Up Eye Base over the cream base in the Maquillage palette as the former allows the powder eyeshadows to glide on more smoothly and apply more true to how they appear in the pan. The lasting power is also better with the T'estimo base but even with the T'estimo base, the dark brown cream liner still had some creasing and fading issues.


12 comments:

Camille Santos said...

this is a pretty palette great for daytime wear

birkinbagbeauty said...

the peach is so gorgeous in this palette. It is unlike any other peachy pink I have seen...

Anonymous said...

definitely better with the testimo base... i think shiseido's cream formulations just do not work in our weather. i've a green cream e/s from their china only line aupres and it definitely worked better in temperate climate

Anonymous said...

I quite like the liner but to make it last better, I usually add a similar shade of dark eye shadow to it. Like the liner applicator which is so easy to use especially for a winged application.

. : * justine * : . said...

Very nice daytime look! I like that it isn't so sparkly. I rarely use cream shadows when they are packaged with powders... I just feel like they usually don't work as well and prefer to use my own base.

Jessica McClintock Beding said...

So pretty - love it!

rene said...

haru, do you know which issue of MORE have a supplement of a Coach hairtie?

Haru said...

H,
It's the April issue of More.
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-x-coach.html

makeupmag said...

I like the soft citrus look you created with this palette. :)

snow said...

Hi Iris,
I agree with you that the cream liner does not work wonders, and i think its not dark enough. I used another pencil liner over it actually... I think Majolica's eyeshadow cream base works better for me and i thought both are from Shiseido?
Actually, i need some advise if most girls end up with a dirty eyelash curler chocked with eyeliner after every usage?
Because mine does, and i need to reapply eyeliner after curling my lashes... I apply powder eyeshadow over my pencil liner, before curling lashes. In the event that im using liquid eyeliner, i use it after my lashes are curled, as a huge chunk of liquid eyeliner came off if i tried to curl lashes after it...

Haru said...

hi Snow,
I understand what you mean as I encounter the same problem too. So what I do is apply my eyeshadow first, then curl my lashes, apply mascara and then apply eyeliner as the final step so that I do not have to touch up my mascara again.

poohpoot poots....*shits out* said...

hi haru,

i have problems of getting my eyeshadow messed up after a while due to my oily skin. so what can i do to rectify that problem? i understand that T'estimo Bright Up Eye Base is discontinued so is there any other eye base that you can recommend? i'm trying to learn to apply e/s, usually i skipped that.

thank you. =)